Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Have A Good Role In KAYAMATH


You have a good role in Kayamath, but it’s not a prime time show. Is that a setback?

I don’t think so. It is in fact still among the topmost-watched shows on the small screen. It’s doing really well.
Currently, you’re just doing one show. Is it by choice or lack of other meaningful roles?

* Totally by choice. I prefer to concentrate on one show and do a good job, rather than shuffle between fourfive shoots. Besides, Kayamath takes up a lot of my time anyway!
But don’t you fear being left back in the rat race, with your colleagues doing a number of serials simultaneously?

I need some time to myself, to think, to rejuvenate. Otherwise one gets exhausted as an actor. I prefer doing just one show well and having a life too!
You’ve been quite low profile off late...

That’s because I’ve been so busy with work — my TV serial as well as a Bollywood film. Besides, I had nothing to talk about!
Were you happy with your Bollywood debut (Shootout at Lokhandwala) or do you think you were given a raw deal?

I was very happy with the end product. See, the movie wasn’t only about a single hero, it was about different characters. I was one of those essential characters, and was content with my role.
Was Shootout at Lokhandwala a one-off experiment with Bollywood, or are films next on your career chart?

I’m already working in Apoorva Lakhia’s next, Mission Istanbul. It’s an exciting storyline. I’d like to shuffle between both television and films, as long as I’m doing good work in both mediums. I’m becoming extremely choosy about my roles now.
You have been linked with Sakshi Tanwar on more than one occasion. So, what’s the real story?

The real story is nothing! The best way to handle a rumour or a controversy is not to deal with it at all. That’s what I do.

No comments: