Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Style Of BIPASHA BASU


She scorched the runways and made a million hearts swoon as a style diva on the silver screen. NDTV Good Times caught up with the leggy actress Bipasha Basu on the eve of Provogue's fall winter collection. On her look in the latest film Race, the bollywood sizzler says, “I play a model in the film, so, it's a very glamorous role for me and the styling has been done by Anaita Shroff. I think after Dhoom 2 this is going to be another stylish film done by her. So everyone in the movie has unique style element going through. Hopefully you guys will like it.”

What's the wardrobe going to be like, “Its a mix like a normal model would wear. My character in the movie is such that I will have to wear wear clothes that are 'in' these days. During the day she wears shorts, skirts, denims and on an evening out she wears glamorous dresses,” says Bipasha.

Do you get nervous while strutting down the ramp. “No, sometimes, when I' m wearing high heels and there are steps. I feel uncomfortable. I don't like steps on any ramp and I' m little low on the eyesight, though I never wear power contact lenses. So, yes I get scared when there are steps,” the actress lets in.

The former model feels that her look in Dhoom 2 and Corporate triggered off fashion trends. “I think what was liked by the people was my look in DhoomJism, tonged hair look caught on. At that time people used to have straight hair. There have been a couple of my films, which made a style statement,” rhapsodizes Bipasha.

Does that confirm her status as a fashion icon, “ Bollywood is synonymous with fashion. There are a lot of fashionable people but they all have a distinctive style. You can't really draw a line between Bollywood clothing and fashion clothing, as mainstream designers are designing for us in films. And the people who follow Hindi films follow the style shown in the movies. Today there's no difference between film fashion and fashion on the ramp.”

So, what's her favorite trend from the Bollywood stable. “See, fashion is a circle, everything keeps coming back and forth. So at this point of time, it's a good time for us. We wear what we want to wear, I' m a kind of person who has never followed a particular kind of trend as such. When given a stylist I wear what they give me. At this particular time Bollywood is at it's best cause the barrier have gone.”

No comments: