Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sampada Vaze's Show Time


SAMPADA’S SHOW TIME!

After a small break Sampada Vaze is back with a comedy show on television and a Bollywood movie

Sampada Vaze is getting ready to spread laughter on the small screen — literally. She is currently anchoring a comedy show Comedy Ka King Kaun, which will be aired soon. The show revolves around the winners of the earlier comedy shows. “There are six Pakistani and six Indian contestants. There’s also Jaspal Bhatti and Divya Dutta on the panel of judges, and I’m the only compere. It’s interesting to be the host, and this is the second time I’m hosting a show,” she explains excitedly.

Sampada is also excited about her character in Milind Soman’s next production in which her character has some grey shades to it. “The romantic comedy is based on the movie America’s
Sweethearts. I’m very kicked about playing Catherine Zeta-Jones’ character, where I can wear dresses of my choice and look very today. I play an interesting character who is a spoilt movie star which even people will like,” she says.


Like many models, she started with the ad world and was seen in various ads. She also did music videos like the one with Shaan. “Shooting for advertisements and music videos is a lot of fun. We’d shoot at exotic locations and there’s something different always,” she says. She goes on to inform that “I had the privilege of working with big filmmakers like Rajesh Menon, Priyadarshan and Govind Nihlani during my modelling days. I am extremely happy that I learned the ropes from advertising. A lot of my closest friends hail from the ad industry.”

From music videos she went to the small screen, where she was seen in the serial Pyar Ki Kashti Mein set on a cruise liner, and tackled the character Tejaswini in the family drama Rishton Ki Dor where she captivated the audience. With all the ventures coming up, we are sure will see a lot of dainty Sampada on television. What’s for sure is that she will continue to win people’s hearts with her dazzling smile and charm.

No comments: